This qualification is designed to raise awareness of mental health in the workplace, which will help create a culture of care and positive mental well-being.
- Have the opportunity to understand mental health, how it is associated with care, and how this process can be applied to learners or colleagues in the workplace
- Understand the impact of attitudes to and perceptions of mental health – on both individuals and organisations
- Learn what actions to take when an individual is facing a mental health crisis
- Learn about responsibilities and limitations with respect to the mental health of others
- Get to know and understand the legislative framework that applies to mental health
- Understand how to create an environment that is mentally healthy and learn the importance of a wellness action plan
- You will produce an action plan for wellness, tailored to fit with your environment/surroundings.
Workers within a wide range of public service roles may interact with people with mental health issues and support needs in their day-to-day work. This could be across a number of sectors, eg
- Customer service
- Voluntary sector
- And more…..
- Sport and recreation
- Travel and tourism